Friday, July 27, 2012

The One where I reflect upon Abbey Road

I am now back in France and I am all packed and ready to go. Indeed, I am leaving tomorrow to go to Cannes, French Riviera. I am extremely enthusiastic about my pre-college program at Abbey Road and I strongly recommend it. I will address the following points : Abbey Road staff, academics, activities, living environment and weekend trips.

Let’s start with the Abbey Road staff. In the morning, I had SAT prep with Matt. He was very comprehensive and always made sure that everybody understood the material. In the afternoon, I had Essay Writing with Danae. I absolutely loved that course. It taught me writing skills and Danae is an amazing teacher who really inspired me. Freddie was the other Essay Writing instructor and he was a great RA as well. Damon was the Coordinator and Ellen, the dean of admissions, was incredibly sweet and nice. Overall, I am very satisfied with the staff, everyone was great!

The main goal of this pre-college program is to help us get a feel of the college admission process. We went on field trips to visit colleges in or around Boston. I loved visiting MIT-more on that on my special post about it! Academically speaking, we were all challenged and learned a lot from this experience.

I loved the planned outings such as the duck tour, the baseball game, the college visits… But, I also loved the unplanned activities like shopping with friends, learning how to play poker (yes I did!) or simply hanging out at Dunkin’ Donuts across the street!

The living environment was very similar to a college’s. We got to eat at Emerson’s dining hall and our common room had a great view of the Boston Common. I loved living in the Theater District especially. Newbury street is very close and there are many stores there. Faneuil Hall is very pretty in the evening. =)

Well, well, well, I think I said it all! Abbey Road Pre-college Program was a fabulous experience and I absolutely loved being a part of such a strong community. I couldn’t recommend it more. Thank you for reading my blog; it has been a pleasure on my part. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment